Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Giving this a try

I have had a lot of requests to start a blog or something so others can keep up with our family and see pictures and all that good stuff. I am not promising much, but I am going to give this a try. Judging by how crazy things can be, I am not sure how often I will update this or post pictures, but I do enjoy other friends blogs so maybe I will be able to make it work.

As you can imagine, things at our house can be a little crazy. The boys are both doing well, growing, crying, pooping and making sure mom does not get too much sleep. It has been a couple of weeks since we have been to the Doctor so I don't know exactly how much they weigh, but at last check Taumalohi weighed 4 pounds 11 ounces and Tuimana was 6 lbs 4 ounces. Malohi has just about out grown his premie clothes so we know he is growing. Salote has decided that it is not too fun being a big sister, I think she needs to get out of the house more and maybe that would get better. She is a great help most of the time, sometimes she gets a little attitude and does not want to help at all...can't imagine where she gets that from. Mom has not figured out how to load all the kids up by herself and go anywhere, it is a lot of work by myself. It will get a little easier when the boys get in regular car seats so I can buckle them in the house and have a way to carry them when we take them out of the car. Tai is busy working of course. In order for me to stay home and be a mom he knew he would need another part time job, but right now he is basically working two full time jobs, we miss him!

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad you started a blog. They are fun to keep track of friends.
    The chidlren look great and I can't believe how grown up Salote looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the blog! They're great for keeping in touch. Thanks for the update on the boys, I've been wondering about them and you. I'm glad to hear they're doing well, I hope you're getting just a little sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you are so busy! I was out of touch with the world for months when I had each of my girls. I can't imagine what it's like with twins! I wish we lived just a little closer so we could invite Salote to come over! Lucy loves kids just a little older than her, so I'm sure the two of them would have a great time together. We'll have to make a trip down to Salt Lake and take her out to play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited you're blogging now. Emily says she wants to see pictures of Salote and I want to see pictures of the babies! I just called you about Tuesday, so give me a call tomorrow in between the craziness of your day. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Darcy! I'm Jill's Mom,Marian--don't know if you remember me or not, but I did want to leave a comment. I've never had twins, but I do know how overwhelming motherhood can be at times. At best, it's a lot of work! Use your blog to "vent", or call friends & family when things just seem to be more than you can handle alone (it helps to just talk to someone who can actually understand & carry on a real conversation!)--above all, keep a sense of humor--find something funny in the situation even though you might be sitting in the middle of the floor crying & wondering what to do next (been there--done that--more than once!!). If you would like to just "vent" to someone that is a very good listener, you may e-mail me: mdlondon1951@aol.com. This motherhood thing is a never-ending puzzle. Welcome to the club!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the updates! We're excited for your little family! Yay--you have a blog! We'll add yours to our follower list so we can blog stalk you regularly! Your boys are such cuties! Craig and Sarah Ford (www.fordology-5.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete