Saturday, June 13, 2009
Memorial Day
My mothers side of the family has a family reunion over memorial day weekend every year. As you might imagine, living in Utah I don't get to go too often, but Tai decided that we would go this year. We had tons of fun 'camping' in cabins at a KOA campground just outside Big Timber. It has been many years since I have seen this part of Montana and it was beautiful and it brought back many fond memories of visiting cousins when I was younger.
Every Memorial Day after my grandpa died when I was growing up I remember visiting the cemetery, it was a sweet experience to visit it this year as an adult. Growing up we decorated rocks that reminded us of my grandpa and our rocks are still on the headstone, just to the left of the wreath.
We had some rain during the weekend, but the weather was beautiful when we arrived and when we left. I as usual did not take too many pictures and made sure to capture a picture of the boys with Great Grammy Dunn! Salote must have been off having fun.
This is a nice picture of 4 generations.
We also were able to have dinner with Great Grammie Morgan while we were in Helena. It is hard for all of us to watch our grandparents get older and we cherish each time we are able to see them. This is a nice picture of Grammie Morgan and Tau.
Great Grammie Morgan and Salote.
Great Grammie Morgan and Tui.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment